Talk LFC Podcast

An Independent LIVE Podcast for REDS by REDS

Category: Transfer Rumours

  1. Liverpool Make Bid For Thomas Lemar

    Leave a Comment

    Liverpool are reported to have made a club record bid of £60m rising to over £70m including add ons for Monaco’s winger, Thomas Lemar.

    The 21 year old French international who is said to be in favour of the move to Anfield can play on either wing as well as in the attacking midfielder role and is adept with both feet.

    James Pearce from the Liverpool Echo claims that the deal is not linked to the departure of Philippe Coutinho and that he will be staying put regardless of what players are brought in.

    Lemar was been neavily linked with a move to Arsenal over the summer but Monaco have rejected any offers for the dynamic midfielder.

    Lemar is currenlty on duty with the French national team and this is likely to be a stumbling block for any move as Didier Deschamps has said any player looking to move should have the deal done before joining up with the national team.

    The 21 year old has provided 2 assists in 4 league games for Monaco so far this season following on from last season where he scored 14 goals and 17 assists in 55 appearances in all competitions


  2. Guillem Balague Claims Barcelona Preparing Final Coutinho Bid

    Leave a Comment

    Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague has told Sky Sports that he believes Barcelona are preparing a final bid for want away Philippe Coutinho before the transfer window closes this Thursday.

    He also states that Liverpool’s position on the sale of the Brazilian remains unchanged and the player is not for sale. The Catalans don’t believe they will secure the signature of Coutinho but feel they must show loyalty to their target by submitting a final bid.

    Balague claims Barcelona are already looking at alternatives for Coutinho with Naby Keita of RB Leipzig reported to be their next choice.

    Liverpool spent the majority of the summer transfer window pursuing the talented Guinean-an without success.


  3. Liverpool Reject £11m Bid For Alberto Moreno

    Leave a Comment

    Liverpool FC have turned down an £11m bid for Alberto Moreno from Napoli. The club have told the Italian side that they want £15m for the Spanish left back who does not feature in Jurgen Klopp’s for the coming season.

    Moreno, 24, moved to Liverpool in August 2014 from Sevilla for a fee of £12m.

    There is also reported interested from his former club Sevilla as well as inquiries from two Premier League clubs.

    Moreno has not featured much under Klopp with midfielder, James Milner starting ahead of him in the left back position.

    If Moreno leaves, that will leave Liverpool short of options for that position and could mean that Jurgen Klopp will be on the look out for a replacement.


  4. Liverpool Offer Contract To Left Back Sead Kolašinac

    Leave a Comment

    Liverpool are believed to have offered a contract to Schalke’s Bosnian left-back Sead Kolašinac according to a report in German publication Bild.

    Kolašinac’s contract expires in the summer and he is currently one of the most in demand free agents to become available.

    Among the suitors for the Bosnian’s signature are five other clubs, Manchester City, Arsenal, AC Milan, Juventus and Roma meaning Jurgen Klopp will most likely have a fight on his hands to secure the highly sought after defender.

    The 23 year old would bring a wealth of experience to the Liverpool defence having already played five seasons for Schalke’s first team.

    Kolašinac would most likely slot right into Jurgen Klopp’s back line as midfielder James Milner has been offering cover in that position for the season due to the inadequacies of our left back, Alberto Moreno.

    Milner has done a stellar job and has been the ultimate professional after being asked to take up the unfamiliar role.

    Competition from the other teams mentioned would make it difficult to secure Kolašinac’s signature but if we secure Champions League football, we would significantly improve our chances of signing him as we would also be able to offer first team football.

    Kolašinac is primarily a left back but can also play on the centre of defence as well as on the left side of midfield.

    He has made 30 appearances for Schalke this season in all competitions scoring three goals and providing seven assists.


  5. Liverpool Linked With Dortmund Defender

    Leave a Comment

    Liverpool have been linked with 23 year old Borussia Dortmund centre back, Matthias Ginter. The versatile German international defender can play across the centre of defence as well as doubling up as a right back and defensive midfielder.

    Ginter is said to be considering his options after Dortmund agreed a deal with Bayer Leverkusen to sign defender, Ömer Toprak who will join the club in the summer.

    The 23 year old is seen as a proactive defender who plays in a team that uses a similar type of pressing football to Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool.

    His defensive numbers measure up to both Matip and Lovren but it’s on the ball where he excels. His pass completion rivals that of Jordan Henderson with an 87.2% passing accuracy over 90 minutes, averaging 78.6 passes per game.

    He’s not afraid to get involved in attack where his pressing and passing capabilities would perfectly suit the Liverpool system under Klopp and he’s also good in the air.

    It’s reported that Dortmund value the defender at £13m: a fee which would cover the cost of the incoming Ömer Toprak.

    Liverpool could easily cover the cost of the transfer should the sale of outcast Mamadou Sahko go through during the summer window which looks very likely.

    The defender has seen plenty of game time this season with 30 appearances across all competitions.


  6. Liverpool Target Says He Turned Down January Move To Anfield

    Leave a Comment

    FC Rostov’s Iranian attacker, Sardar Azmoun who was heavily linked with a move to Liverpool during the January transfer window has said he turned down a move to Anfield during the last window because he felt he would spend a lot of time on the bench.

    Speaking to an Iranian website he said, “there were talks of Liverpool having expressed an interest in me during the past winter transfer window, however, I did not feel the time to move was right.”

    “I would have ended up playing a few games and then spent a great deal of time on the bench as Liverpool were only looking to fill a void for a particular part of their season.”

    “I want to move to a big club to develop as a player and therefore I will time the move with great precision. I am sure I will be playing for a top European club in the near future.”

    Liverpool were rumoured to be interested in the 22 year old striker, dubbed “The Iranian Messi” and he was seen as a replacement for Sadio Mane who departed for the African Cup of Nations in January.


  7. Klopp: Liverpool Already Working On Summer Signings

    Leave a Comment

    According to the Liverpool Echo, Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Liverpool are already working on a number of transfer deals that will see the squad strengthened in the summer.

    Speaking from La Manga in Spain where the Reds are currently engaging in a warm weather training camp during the prolonged break from domestic football, Klopp said the the amount of business done will depend on whether Liverpool manage to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

    The Echo report that the primary target for Jurgen Klopp in the summer will be Bayer Leverkusen winger Julian Brandt and that the there won’t be many in-comings during that window but that those that do come in will be top class editions.

    Klopp said, “We are in talks with different people – players, agents, all that stuff. Not a lot of decisions have been already made at this point. Why should they at this stage? But we are on the way. At the end I’m sure we will have a really good squad.”

    “We already have a good squad and a few more good players will make it even better. There’s a good base.”

    When asked if Liverpool needed Champions League football in order to secure the players on his shopping list, Klopp said, “I actually don’t think so but we will see. We don’t have to talk about the Champions League now because we are not even qualified.”

    “But of course if we are in the Champions League then it would have an influence. We would need a deeper squad and you have to be prepared for that. No question.”

    “Even with the league this season, we could have needed a deeper squad with the injuries we had. But we’re through that now. We will adapt our plans to the number of tournaments we play next year.”

    After the mass exodus of players out of Anfield last summer where 13 players left, it is unlikely that many players will leave the club during this summer’s window.

    “We have a long-term plan but a few things will change because you always have to react to situations. We have to perform until the end of the season and then we will do a review, looking back on the good things and bad things. Then we will make final decisions.”

    Klopp continued, “we don’t block opportunities, we don’t keep someone for just maybe one or two cup games. A few boys were among those who left last summer. I thought we gave them a really good education and they were ready to go somewhere else and play.”


  8. Liverpool Linked With Three Attacking Options As January Transfer Window Opens

    Leave a Comment

    The January Transfer Window is well and truly open and already, Liverpool have been linked with a number of players.

    There are three names who are being linked with us numerous stories and we take a look at them and what they could offer to strengthen our challenge for this year’s Premier League title.

    Raul Jimenez

    Raul JimenezRaul Jimenez is a 25 year old Mexican forward who currently plies his trade at Benfica. Since joining Benfica from  Atletico Madrid in August 2015, he has scored 20 goals and provided 7 assists in 63 games.

    In the 18 games he has played across all competitons this season, he has scored 8 goals and provided 2 assists.

    He made his international debut for Mexico in a friendly against Denmark in January 2013 and has since made 48 appearances, scoring 9 goals.

    He is currently valued at around £22m and is reported as being a target for the Summer rather than this window.

    Quincy Promes

    Quincy PromesQuincy Promes, also 25, is a Dutch international winger currently playing in the Russian Premier League with Spartak Moscow.

    Since joining Spartak Moscow from FC Twente in 2014, Promes, who can play in any position across the front three has scored 37 goals and provided 20 assists in 78 games in all competitions.

    He has scored 6 goals and provided 7 assists in 14 league games so far this season

    Promes made his international debut for The Netherlands in March 2014 in a friendly against France and has scored 2 goals  in 16 games. His record for the U21’s was much more impressive as he scored 8 goals in just 9 appearances.

    The Dutch international who is reported to be valued at around £20m has been heavily linked with us recently with reports that Georginio Wijnaldum is doing his best to convince his countryman to link up with him at Liverpool.

    Emile Forsberg

    Emile ForsbergEmile Forsberg is a 25 year old Swedish international winger, currently playing with RB Leipzig in the German Bundesliga.

    Since moving to RB Leipzig from Malmo in January 2015 for a fee of £3m, Forsberg has scored 13 goals and provided 20 assists in 64 games.

    So far this season he has scored 5 goals and provided 9 assists. Used primarily as a left winger for both club and country, he has also been deployed on the right wing on occasion.

    Forsberg made his international debut for Sweden in January 2014 in a friendly against Moldova and has gone on to make 24 appearances, scoring three goals and providing 2 assists along the way.

    He is reported to be a target for us this window and is said to be valued at around £5m by his club.


  9. Reds Want Loan Fee For Mamadou Sakho

    Leave a Comment

    Reports emerging today in the The Daily Mail suggest that Liverpool have slapped a fee of £500,000 on any potential loan for out of favour Mamadou Sakho.

    Sakho has been left in the doldrums and has not made a first team appearance for the reds this season. Jurgen Klopp has made no secret of the fact that Sakho does not feature in his plans and has told the French defender that he can look for another club.

    West Ham and West Brom are two clubs who were interesting in taking Sakho on loan in the summer but, he refused any advances and decided to stay and fight for his place.

    Liverpool would also require any club taking Sakho on loan to cover his full £80,000 per week wages which will deter most potential suitors.

    Lille, AC Milan and Inter Milan are said to be among the clubs currently interested.


  10. Sakho To Be Sold In January

    Leave a Comment

    According to James Pearce at The Liverpool Echo, Jurgen Klopp will sell Mamadou Sakho in the January transfer window.

    The central defender who arrived from Paris Saint Germain in 2013 for a fee of £18m has spent the entirety of this season so far playing for the U23 squad after a number of disciplinary issues since Klopp’s arrival.

    Sakho, who enjoys somewhat of a cult following from the Liverpool fans took to social media back in September of this year to express his feelings about not being included in the first team and incurred the wrath of Jurgen Klopp for the second time after being sent home from the Reds pre-season tour of America after a number of disciplinary infringements, including arriving late for the plane and interrupting the manager while he was being interviewed by LFC TV.

    Sakho was also cleared of failing a drugs test towards the end of last season which meant he missed the League Cup and Europa League finals

    The writing has been on the wall for Sakho for some time after he turned down a number of loan offers during the summer to stay and fight for his place but it is obvious now to all that this will be a futile excercise as he is not part of Klopp’s plans and has fallen behind Lucas Leiva in the pecking order for positions in the centre of defence.

    Pearce is reporting that Klopp’s comments mean he is sure to be sold in January.

    Klopp said, “Nothing has changed, he is not in these plans for the first team. The first team squad is here (at Melwood). You know all this.”

    Sakho’s contract runs until 2020 and West Brom & Stoke are said to be interested in securing the centre back’s signature after having loan requests turned down in the summer. He has made 80 appearances for the reds since he signed in 2013, scoring three goals.